Friday 11 February 2011

♥♥LovEs>>>>>>>♥♥♥♥♥♥PLaStic BArrettes blog

Finding new talent can be exhausting and more often than not the same shite spouts out from laptop screens everywhere but sometimes along comes a blog that inspires to the core.

Meet 13 year old Bella from the US who likes 'drawing, bowie and anything directly related to Audrey Hepburn'. She's been blogging on Plastic Barrettes since 2009 whilst at school and is becoming a bit of an icon in her own right. Her blog is effortlessly cool in ways I would've only dreamed of at 13 or even 28, ahem. 

I'd have been like Proenza Schouler what? How do you even spell that, let alone oh look 'hi, there's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez the men behind the brand' at some bloggy conference in New York. I wouldn't have known them if I'd fallen over them in the street. If people weren't East 17 I didn't give one. If the Internet had been around then and as readily available what with iphone's and blackies who knows but instead I was in the local park drinking Cider like only a true Brit teen does (in a wicked get up though I'll have you know). Oh why didn't I heart fashion with her dedication and in depth knowledge? I only knew my Miss Selfridge from my Clockhouse back then and even on acceptance to my fashion degree course I dared utter the words 'who's Yohji Yamamoto??' to a fellow student on my first day. She replied only with a look of utter disdain and ridicule in her eyes. Sure there were no weeklies like Grazia/Heat either then (Jesus when was this backwards world exactly??) but I was still not obviously as dedicated as the young starlets of today who will be tomorrows fashionista's. Missed the boat, maybe. Fashion is so accessible now. These lucky young girls are literally living the dream. Why is hindsight such a bitch???